1 a localized and violently destructive windstorm occurring over land characterized by a funnel-shaped cloud extending toward the ground [syn: tornado]
2 small friedcake formed into twisted strips and fried; richer than doughnuts [syn: cruller]
- Rhymes: -ɪstə(r)
- A tornado.
Twister may refer to:
- Twister (Software from Brokat AG), Middleware of Brokat AG, Germany
- Twister (yacht), a sailing keelboat
- Twister, a type of spinal lock
- Twister Supersonic Separator, Hydrocarbon processing system for the dehydration and dewpointing of natural gas
- Twister (fish), Bellapiscis medius.
Twister may also refer to:
twister in German: Twister
twister in Dutch: Twister
twister in Japanese: ツイスター
twister in Polish: Twister
apple fritter, baguio, beignet, beignet aux pommes, bismarck, cheat, con man, confidence man, crook, cruller, cyclone, deceiver, doughnut, dust devil, fastnacht, fraud, friedcake, fritter, hurricane, imposter, impostor, mountebank, olykoek, rainspout, raised doughnut, rogue, rotary storm, sand column, sandspout, scoundrel, sinker, swindler, tornado, trickster, typhoon, waterspout, whirlblast, whirlwind, wind eddy